Our Aviator and RISE Praise book winners for February 12-16, 2024 have been working so hard and are doing a great job of representing our AVIATOR (As a good learner, I Value Collaboration. I...
August is here and Back to School time is around the corner! I hope everyone has had a fun and safe summer break. Here are a few important items/dates for this month:
- You can see your child’s teacher by logging into your Parent Portal account in PowerSchool. We ask that you also update the information page to make sure your address, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc… are up to date. Please see the attachments below for help with this. You can also reach out to Jaime Oldham (firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-370-4630) if you have questions or need help.
- Classes have been intentionally balanced using student data and teacher input. Parent requests submitted before the May deadline were considered, but not all could be honored. At this point, it is unlikely that any changes can be made as it would cause imbalanced classes to start the year.
- Back to School Night will be from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM on Tuesday, August 15th. This is for all students (K-6). Students in Kindergarten will meet all of the teachers (teachers not assigned yet), but 1st – 6th will get a chance to meet their teacher in their classroom. It is open house style.
- First day of School for 1st – 6th grade students is Wednesday, August 16th. August 16th, 17th, 18th, 21st, and 22nd will be early out days (1:30 PM release time). Parents will sign up for individual times to meet with their child’s teacher on those afternoons.
- Kindergarten testing will take place from August 15th – 18th, and Kindergarten classes will start the following week on Wednesday, August 23rd.
See you and your kids soon!
Ryan McCarty, Principal of Amelia Earhart