Last modified: September 14, 2020
Click HERE for Keyboarding at home instructions. Please email me at email@example.com if you are having trouble logging into anything, with your chromebooks, etc.
It is important to be able to use a keyboard correctly. It will benefit students all the way through college, and nearly every job depends on this skill.
Typing is a skill that involves muscle memory, much like learning a musical instrument. Practice outside of class is essential to progress. All students in 2nd – 6th grade need at least 1 hour per week of practice outside of Keyboarding class. Please have your student visit our Study at Home page on our website, and click on the correct Keyboarding link for their grade. Or, for students grades 3rd-6th, you can go directly to Provo-City.typingclub.com and log in with their school login which is their lunch number for their username, and ame123 for their password. The direct link for 2nd grade is Amelia-Earhart-Elementary-School.typingclub.com with the same login instructions.
If someone else in your family would like a Typing Club account, you can create one for free at TypingClub.com. Our school district has a separate site for our students, so your account might look a little different, but the lessons are the same. Having family support and motivation will make practicing at home much more fun for your students.
Remember! When you practice keyboarding at home you need to use the Proper Keyboarding Position you learned in keyboarding class.
- Please encourage them to not look at their hands. They can cover them with a kitchen towel, pillowcase, napkin, or scarf, or you can cut a cardboard box to cover their hands. Remind your students: Don’t look at your hands, use all 10 fingers and never move to the next lesson until you have all 5 stars!
- Sit up tall and straight with your knees together and feet flat on floor.
- Eyes off the keyboard – memorize keys and you will eventually increase your speed and accuracy.
- Keep fingers curled, palms off the table, elbows at your side, shoulders relaxed.
- Focus on ACCURACY and then your SPEED will increase the more your PRACTICE!
- Keep fingers on HOME ROW keys as you type.
- Have fun!